How Long Does Move to iOS Take? Here's Everything You Want to Know
In the past, transferring data from an Android device to an iPhone was a headache. Many Android users give up jumping to iOS because they don't want to go through this. Fortunately, Apple has developed an app called Move to iOS that allows you to transfer contacts, messages, apps, calendars, and more from your Android device to your iPhone. This app was once known as the best way to transfer data from Android to iPhone.
However, in addition to understanding what Move to iOS does, how to use it, and what it transfers, we also need to know how long does Move to iOS take, because no one wants to spend a long time doing this work. If you feel that Move to iOS is taking too long, we also have the most time-saving alternative.
Move to iOS is one of the most common tools that users use to transfer data from an old device to a new iPhone. However, there are many users complaining, Move to iOS taking forever. So, under normal circumstances, how long does move to ios transfer take? This is usually related to two aspects:
- Amount and size of data: If the amount to be transferred is small, it may only take a few minutes, while if a large amount of data needs to be transferred, it may take more than one or even hours to complete the entire transfer.
- WiFi connection speed: It may only take a few minutes or 10 minutes to transfer tens of GB of data under a stable WiFi network. But if you have an unstable internet connection and your device is in poor condition, Move to iOS can also take a long time to complete.
However, sometimes the network connection seems to be fine even if the amount of data is not huge, but Move to iOS still takes so long. In this case, you can do the following to increase the transfer speed.
- [Up to Date] How to Wipe Android Phone Completely before Selling?
- AT&T Mobile Transfer Not Working? Overview, Fixes, & Alternative
After learning how long should Move to iOS take, if your move to ios app taking 3 hours, or not working, you can try the following three common methods to improve the speed.
You can check the speed of your WiFi connection first, after all, WiFi connection is a very important factor in determining the speed of file transfer. If the connection is too slow, Move to iOS will take a long time to complete the transfer task. Please make sure your device is connected to a strong and stable WiFi network.
Since the size and amount of data to be transferred determines how long it will take to transfer, and Move to iOS cannot selectively move data, you can delete some unwanted photos and videos from your source device before transferring, and also there is some unnecessary data generated from daily use of the application. These are all effective solutions to solve Move to iOS time taking forever.
If the problem is still not resolved, you can try holding down the power key to restart the device and try following the guide again to transfer your data from Android to iOS. In general, restarting any device can improve the performance of that device.
- How to Clone an iPhone to Another iPhone 14? [Top 4 Ways Provided]
- Tired of iTunes? Here're Top 11 Alternatives to iTunes for Windows.
If your Move to iOS app still takes a long time to complete data transfer after trying all the above solutions, or you are experiencing issues like Move to iOS interrupted or stuck, then it's time to turn to a time-saving Move to iOS alternative. MobiKin Transfer for Mobile (Win and Mac) is an excellent data transfer tool that does a great job of switching data between mobile devices. It has several advantages as below that make it the best alternative to Move to iOS.
Main features of Transfer for Mobile:
- Not only supports transferring data to iPhone, but also supports iPhone to Android transfer, iPhone to iPhone transfer, Android to iPhone transfer, and Android to Android transfer.
- It can help you transfer contacts, call logs, photos, videos, music, messages, calendars and more from one device to another without any data loss.
- You can easily transfer up to 12 types of cell phone data to iPhone with just a few clicks.
- Work for various Android and iDevices, containing Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Motorola, LG, Sony, Google, OPPO, iPhone 13/13 Pro (Max)/13 mini/12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
Now you can click the download button to install this tool and follow the steps below to see how it works.
Step 1. Connect your devices to a computer
Download, install and launch the software on your computer. Use the USB cables of both your devices to connect them to your computer. You should enable USB debugging mode on your Android phone and tap "Trust" on your iPhone.
Step 2. Confirm the position of your devices
After the devices recognition, please ensure your Android phone is the source device, and iPhone is the destination device. If not, you can click "Flip" to adjust that.
Step 3. Transfer data from Android to iPhone
You will see all the data that can be transferred is listed in the middle of the screen, Select the data types you want and click "Start Copy" to start to transfer process immediately.
The efficient Transfer for Mobile will quickly complete the transfer task for you.
How long does it take to transfer using Move to iOS? This answer depends on your data size and connection. MobiKin Transfer for Mobile is the best alternative if you feel that your Move to iOS app is taking too long. Not only can it transfer more file types, but it also supports reverse transfer, that is, from iPhone to Android. We strongly recommend that you backup your iPhone contacts, photos, messages and other data in time after completing the data transfer process to prevent data loss.