How to Recover Deleted WeChat Messages/Chat History on iPhone?
WeChat is among the top three instant messaging apps throughout the world, second only to WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger (how to recover FB messages from iPhone?). Usually, it can be disastrous if you wrongly deleted WeChat valuable messages or lose them for a whole bunch of reasons. Well, how to recover deleted WeChat messages on iPhone without effort?
Admittedly, maybe some guys know how to use WeChat to do iPhone WeChat recovery from a previous backup. But what if there were no backups? Take it easy! This page will introduce a full suite of solutions to help you recover deleted WeChat chat history on iPhone/iPad.
- Part 1: How to Recover Deleted WeChat Chat History on iPhone from Local Backup
- Part 2: How to Recover WeChat History on iPhone from Backup in Computer
- Part 3: How to Restore WeChat Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
- Part 4: How to Retrieve Deleted WeChat Messages from iTunes Backup
- Part 5: How to Retrieve Old WeChat Messages from Another iPhone
- Part 6: How to Recover Deleted WeChat Messages on iPhone without Backup
It's fairly easy to restore deleted WeChat messages when the data loss arises if you run a local backup of the related WeChat chat history.
How to recover deleted files from WeChat on iPhone 12/11/X/Xs/XR/SE/8 (from local backup)?
- Open the Wechat app on iPhone and click the Me button.
- Tap Settings > Chat > Chat history.
- Click on Backup/Restore Chat History.
- Touch Backup file and click Restore.
- How to Recover Deleted Messages on iPhone Xs/Xs Max/XR?
- How to Backup & Restore WeChat Messages on Android?
WeChat offers an official method to restore the backup from a computer, assuming you made a copy of the messages on a PC/Mac. To begin with, make sure your iPhone and the computer are within the same WiFi network.
How to make iPhone WeChat recovery from the backup in a computer?
- Log in to your WeChat account on your computer.
- In the bottom left corner, click the Menu sign and select Backup and Restore.
- Choose "Restore on phone."
- Select the chat history you want. (you can also click "More Options" to select data based on the date, or choose to recover text messages only)
- Click "OK" to get them back.
Some users might get an iPhone backup on iCloud? (iCloud backup taking forever?) If so, just try to retrieve the WeChat chat history on the iPhone from iCloud servers. Please note that this will erase all content and settings on your iPhone.
How to recover deleted WeChat chat history on iPhone free from iCloud backup?
- Navigate to iPhone Settings.
- Go to General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
- Input your iCloud account and password.
- Tap Erase iPhone.
- You will then come to the setup interface. Here, please choose "Restore from iCloud backup".
Similarly, you're allowed to bring lost Wechat messages and the attachments back from iTunes if the backup was previously made by this tool. Likewise, you have to recover the whole backup to your iPhone, and all data on it will thus be overwritten.
To make WeChat data recovery on iPhone from iTunes backup, you can:
- Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- On the left pane, click your device icon.
- Click "Summary", followed by "Restore Backup" to recover WeChat messages from iTunes backup. (iPhone won't restore from iTunes backup?)
Of all the Wechat restoring cases, one general situation can be that you changed the iPhone and want to transfer the Wechat history to the new phone. Before going any further, first, you have to make sure to switch on the Wechat Migration feature on your old iPhone.
How to get back the WeChat history from another iPhone?
- Sign in to your WeChat on the old iPhone.
- Head to "Me" > "Settings" > "General" > "Backup & Migration".
- Tap on "Migrate Chats to Another Device".
- Select "Migrate Entire Chat History" or "Migrate Partial Chat History."
- Next, log in to WeChat on your new phone with the same credentials.
- Scan the QR code displayed on your old phone.
- After that, all of the WeChat chat history will be migrated to the new device.
How can you go about making WeChat message recovery if there's no backup available? That's easy! What you need is the best WeChat data recovery software - iPhone Data Recovery. This full-fledged product can help restore deleted or lost data on your iPhone in various scenarios. So, what kind of program is this?
Key highlights of iPhone Data Recovery:
- Recover deleted WeChat messages on iPhone or iPad directly.
- Retrieve WeChat attachments, including photos, videos, contacts, and audio.
- Selectively restore iOS data from iCloud/iTunes backup, keeping the existing iPhone data intact.
- The supported file types: WeChat/WhatsApp/Kik/Line/Viber/Facebook Messenger data, text messages, photos, contacts, notes, call history, etc.
- Work well with nearly all iDevices, including iPhone 12/12 Pro (Max)/12 mini, iPhone 11/11 Pro/11 Pro Max, iPhone X/XR/Xs/Xs Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6S/6 Plus, iPod touch, iPad, etc.
- It won't let out your privacy.
How to recover WeChat history on iPhone with iPhone Data Recovery?
Step 1. Launch the program and go for "Recover from iOS Device"
Attach your iPhone to a computer via a USB cable. Start the software after the download and installation. Then, select "Recover from iOS Device". Hit "Start Scan" to detect the deleted WeChat messages and other iOS files. The progress bar will display the task as below.
Step 2. Recover deleted WeChat messages from iPhone
After scanning, mark WeChat/WeChat Attachments from the left menu to preview the concrete items. Tick on what you want and click "Recover" to put them onto your computer.
Today, we delved into how to recover deleted WeChat messages on iPhone in six great ways. Now, some of you may come to know the importance of keeping a copy of your WeChat history. But then again, it doesn't matter if you didn't have a backup available. Because iPhone Data Recovery, the most professional iOS file recovery tool, is right here for you. Download and try it out now.
Finally, if you have any questions, don't forget to let us know below. And we shall be glad to fix them for you.